As the name suggests, THC tea is a tea containing the psychoactive substance THC. THC is a substance from the cannabis plant and can also be found in, for example, a joint. It is the substance that can get people high or stoned, because they like the experience. Or they just take a little bit and enjoy it that way.
Not everyone likes to smoke. That's why there is THC tea, so that the user can just drink a tea, and still experience the effects he or she would like to experience. The high may be a bit milder, but the aforementioned effects last longer.
Tea with THC is therefore an easy, original way to use THC. Below we will explain how you can prepare your own THC tea at home.
Prepare your own THC tea
Fortunately, the process is childishly simple. Anyone can make THC tea at home. The process is really a bit different than making normal tea, so it does need some explanation before you get started. We will also give them here. First of all, the THC must be extracted. You can do this by boiling the cannabis buds you have.
It is important to use a fatty substance such as butter or oil, and not just water, as THC is not absorbed by water. And so because of such a greasy substance. That way, the THC can simply dissolve in the tea as desired.
What you need
- 0,5 grams of cannabis buds
- 1 tea bag
- Half a teaspoon of butter (or another fatty substance)
- 1,5 cup of water
- And optionally, for the taste: sugar or honey
- You start by grinding the cannabis buds. Remove the logs, you do not have to use them.
- Then mix the cannabis buds with the fatty substance of your choice, such as butter. It is important that the cannabis is completely absorbed by the fatty substance.
- Open the tea bag and empty it into the cannabis and fat mix. It is possible to put the new mix back into the bag afterwards, but it is more convenient to use a tea infuser for this.
- Bring water to a boil, but not in a kettle. Use a saucepan for this.
- Lower the tea infuser, or bag, into the water. Then let the pan simmer for 30 minutes. (If there comes a time when there is not enough water in it, you can add some water again.)
- When the 30 minutes are up, you can let the tea cool down for a while until it is ready to drink. And you are done.
Dosage of the tea
It is wise to take it easy with THC tea. Do not throw back entire glasses right away. Start with a little bit, for example in the evening, and then wait to see what the effects are on your body and mind. Then you can increase the dose later if necessary.
Why THC tea
As already mentioned, tea with THC is especially recommended for people who prefer not to smoke. And of course everyone should strive for that. You don't bother your lungs with tea. The effect is therefore also different. The emphasis is more on the body.
Of course it depends on the strength of the tea, but many users are very pleased with this physical 'high'. According to them, the experience can be compared to eating edibles. In summary, tea with THC: few of the side effects that can be annoying from inhaling, and many of the benefits of THC.